Quality Assurance Auditor
Location(s): • Oyo, South West — Nigeria
Specialization: • Analyst/ Quality Control
Industry: • Trade / Services
Application Deadline: March 28, 2019
Job Type Fulltime
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Auditor
Job Number: 17117
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Auditor, to join our manufacturing department in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the role holder is to ensure that quality measurements are taken, analyzed, trended and reported so that timely accurate and relevant quality data can be issued to customers and business management.
- Deliver all relevant Shift Quality information to stakeholders at agreed timelines;
- Ensuring products are made in line with product specifications;
- Comply to Quality Management System and other Management System in place (ISO 14001);
- Ensure report data and documentation are complete, timely and accurate at all times;
- Quality standards implementation and monitoring;
- Understand basics and fundamental of processing in primary and secondary manufacturing departments;
- Implement quality assurance standards;
- Liaise with the Quality Manager/supervisor/Team leaders regarding all issues of quality;
- Carry out investigative studies to understand and improve production process parameters;
- Participate in knowledge, process and procedure review session organized by Team Leaders / supervisors;
- Identify training needs of self to help drive effectiveness and improved quality of work;
- Conform to the laboratory working standards;
- Adhere to and ensure compliance to all protocols for FPI-X and Q2;
- Ensure proper use of all relevant test equipment;
- Ensure 100% data accuracy in all quality function records;
- Ensure timely collection of all samples in line with protocol and preparation of reports;
- Review and Authenticate accuracy of reports and data collected during the shift period by the end of shift;
- Strive to reduce non-conformance by prompt intervention, advise and collaboration with manufacturing personnel;
- Comply to EMS requirement by continuously reducing impact of our aspect and improving environmental performance;
- Provide equipment performance report/ feedback to instrumentation technician.
- Able to plan, organize and deliver results in time to meet deadline
- Passion for excellence and adherence to standards, process and procedure
- Ensure compliance with British American Tobacco EMS & EHS guidelines for all QA activities.
- Maintain at all times, a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Ensure that set departmental and company objectives are adhered to.
- Able to communicate timely feedback in a constructive & simple manner.
- Be proactively involved in continuous improvement initiatives drive for change in all processes in and around the manufacturing settings.
- Attend and participate actively in all team, departmental and cross functional meetings
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Science field with Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics as a major study area;
- Functional knowledge of quality analysis tools (Pareto, Excel, Fishbone diagram, UPS, 5 whys and SPC tool);
- Able to communicate timely feedback in a constructive & simple manner;
- Good organizational and reporting skills;
- Functional knowledge and use of QA systems (Equata, Vides, Quality reporting system, BO & Infosys).
Click the Link Below to Apply